History of SEV
American Board Committee (ABH) came to Turkey.
The first English-Turkish dictionary was published. The history of the publishing house, which then had the official title “Health and Education Foundation Publishing, Printing Education and Trade Ltd. (SEV-YAY)”, dates back to 1822. The publishing house started to produce “Redhouse” dictionaries in 1861, which currently is almost synonymous with an English-Turkish dictionary.
Talas American Middle School was opened.
Üsküdar American Girls’ High School was founded as a girls’ school in Bahçecik. The school which was opened as a girls school in Gölcük in 1873, was first moved to Adapazarı in 1884, then to its current place in Bağlarbaşı, Üsküdar in 1923. The school started to educate both girls and boys in 1990, when it changed its name to "Üsküdar American Academy".
İzmir American Girls’ College was opened. Referred to as a girls’ school for so many years, the school started co-education in 1986, taking the name “American Collegiate Institute (ACI)”. As of the 2009-2010 school year, ACI opened boarding facilities for girls and as of the 2011-2012 academic year, the boarding program was also offered for boys.
Gaziantep American Hospital was opened. Serving the people of the area, the hospital joined the Foundation in 1997. It is currently one of the best healthcare centers in the area with its specialist doctors, and units in which all modern technological facilities are used.
Tarsus American College (TAC) was opened. TAC, whose current educational motto reads “Leaders for Turkey; Leadership for the World”, was opened in 1888 as a boys’ school. The school started co-education in 1979. TAC stands out as a reputable school with the emphasis it places on academic success, as well as in the areas sports and arts. TAC reopened boarding facilities for boys in 2002 and for girls in 2008.
Talas American Middle School was closed.
The Health and Education Foundation (SEV) was founded. The American Board Committee (ABH) started the process of transferring the ownership and management of its institutions to SEV.
SEV Primary Schools were opened. (Üsküdar, İzmir, Tarsus) In order to expand the successful education tradition that has continued in American high schools for more than a century, SEV Primary Schools were founded in Üsküdar, İzmir and Tarsus.
ABH officially transferred the foundership of its establishments to the Health and Education Foundation (SEV), thus finalizing the transfer period of forty-three years.
Tarsus Campus Expansion
The campuses of Tarsus American College (TAC) and Tarsus SEV Elementary School, which opened in 1997, expanded with the addition of new buildings. With the new campus buildings, which were opened with a ceremony on 21 September 2013, the boarding capacity of TAC increased to 140 students.
SEV American College, the seventh member of the SEV schools, opened in the 2014-2015 academic year in İstanbul, Çekmeköy.